Published on behalf of ‘Netherlands Journal of Geosciences’ Foundation.
Netherlands Journal of Geosciences – Geologie en Mijnbouw (ISSN 0016-7746) is a scientific international quarterly journal, which publishes papers on all aspects of geoscience, providing they are of international interest and quality.
The journal publishes new and significant research in geosciences with a regional focus on the Netherlands, the North Sea region and relevant adjacent areas. A wide range of topics within the geosciences are covered in the journal, including geology, physical geography, geophyics, (geo-)archeology, paleontology, hydro(geo)logy, hydrocarbon exploration, modelling and visualisation.
The journal is a continuation of Geologie and Mijnbouw (published by the Royal Geological and Mining Society of the Netherlands, KNGMG) and Mededelingen Nederlands Instituut voor Toegepaste Geowetenschappen (published by TNO Geological Survey of the Netherlands).
The journal is published in full colour and there are no publication charges for authors.
Access to current and previous issues of NJG is included in KNGMG membership. All KNGMG members have digital access to NJG, a subscription to paper copies is optional. Institutions can take a journal subscription via Cambridge University Press.
Publication services for NJG are currently being provided by Cambridge University Press (CUP). New KNGMG members will receive instructions to get digital access to the CUP website upon subscription. In case you want to get access at a later moment please use the instructions below.
Creating an account
Digital access to NJG issues from 2009 – present is provided through the Cambridge University Press website: http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayJournal?jid=NJG. For access to older issues, see below.
In order to activate your society member subscription and access the journal, please register with Cambridge Journals Online (CJO).
Before you proceed, make sure that you have access to your membership number. You can it on the invoice that you receive from KNGMG on a yearly basis, or, in case you have a subscription to paper copies of NJG or the Geo.brief, on the mail label. The number consists of four digits. In case you don’t have access to a recent invoice, please contact the KNGMG secretariat.
If you have previously registered with the Cambridge Journals Online service, then simply log in to the website http://journals.cambridge.org/action/login (opens in new tab) and go to step 3, otherwise you will first need to register:
- Visit http://journals.cambridge.org/register (opens in new tab).
- Fill in your name and address details and choose a password of your choice.
- Once you have registered and logged in, go to the “My Account” Page, which can be reached using the button on the right hand side of the screen), select the Activate Subscriptions option. This will take you to the Activate Individual Subscriptions page.
- On the page that appears scroll down to the option Society Subscriptions, then in the box entitled Society ID enter the Society ID of 120493107.
- In the box entitled Society Subscription ID enter your membership number. Instructions on how to get access to your membership number can be found at the beginning of this section.
- Finally click the Activate button.
Access to previous issues of NJG / Geologie en Mijnbouw
Access to previous issues is included in KNGMG membership. The procedure for getting access depends on the year of publication:
- Content 2009 – 2013: available on the Cambridge University Press website. You will need an account; refer to the instructions above.
- Content 1961 – 2004: available online. A full index of the contents of Geologie en Mijnbouw Volume 40 (1961) to Volume 83 (2004) is available in PDF format. Articles can be accessed directly using the links in this document. Some enclosures have not been scanned yet. In case you require these, please use the reference details from this file (Year, Volume, Issue, Pages) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Content pre-1961: Please note that the index is incomplete and covers only those issues that were available in our KNGMG archive. The index is directly linked to the digitised files that can be downloaded.