The new issue of the European Geologist Journal is now available online. It is a thematic issue dedicated to “Environmentally sustainable mining in Europe” and includes the following seven contributions from different European countries:
- The hunt for phi structures by A. Lambert
- Mining non-renewable mineral resources in a sustainable way by T. Kauppila
- Riverbed aggregates dredging by T. Hámor & G. Kovács
- A proposal for ecological and geological monitoring of mining enterprises in the Far Eastern region of Russia by Arkhipova Y. A. & Bubnova M. B.
- Sustainable development of low population density regions – The Lithium Project in Guarda (Portugal) by A.M. Antão & A. Carolino
- The application of European hazardous waste assessment to mining projects and implications for environmental sustainability by M. Cox, R. Bowell, C. Williams, J. Declercq, J. Charles, R. Warrender, C. Wickham
- Radically decreasing the emissions of fossil and renewable energy materials and waste landfills by R. I. Hargitai