Netherlands Journal of Geosciences – Geologie en Mijnbouw (ISSN 0016-7746) is a scientific international quarterly journal, which publishes papers on all aspects of geoscience, providing they are of international interest and quality.
The journal publishes new and significant research in geosciences with a regional focus on the Netherlands, the North Sea region and relevant adjacent areas. A wide range of topics within the geosciences are covered in the journal, including geology, physical geography, geophyics, (geo-)archeology, paleontology, hydro(geo)logy, hydrocarbon exploration, modelling and visualisation.
The journal is published by the ‘Netherlands Journal of Geosciences’ Foundation and is a continuation of Geologie and Mijnbouw (published by the Royal Geological and Mining Society of the Netherlands, KNGMG) and Mededelingen Nederlands Instituut voor Toegepaste Geowetenschappen (published by TNO Geological Survey of the Netherlands).
The journal is published in full colour and there are no publication charges for authors.
Getting access to NJG / Geologie en Mijnbouw
Recent issues (2000 – present)
Since the start of 2019 the journal has become open access, meaning that everybody can access the articles for free. Publication services for NJG are currently being provided by Cambridge University Press (CUP). When new articles get published, KNGMG members will receive notification of this via the newsletter with a link to the article.
In addition to this, it is possible (since 2019) to download all articles from off 2000 via the CUP-website.
For access to issues published prior to the year 2005, see here.
Editor and associate editors
- J.H. ten Veen – TNO, Geological Survey of the Netherlands, P.O. Box 80015, 3508 TA Urecht, the Netherlands
- R.T. van Balen – Earth and Climate Cluster, Dept of Earth Sciences, VU University Amsterdam& TNO – Geological Survey of the Netherlands
- W.W.W. Beekman – Department of Earth Sciences, Utrecht University
- M.E. Donselaar – Department of Geotechnology, Delft University of Technology
- J.M. Verweij – TNO, Geological Survey of the Netherlands
- G.J. Vis – TNO, Geological Survey of the Netherlands
- Jacob Dekker – Department of Earth Sciences, Utrecht University
Netherlands Journal of Geosciences Foundation
Netherlands Journal of Geosciences is published by the Netherlands Journal of Geosciences Foundation on behalf of the Royal Geological and Mining Society of the Netherlands (KNGMG) and TNO – Geological Survey of the Netherlands. The board of the foundation consists of the following members:
- Hemmo Abels (chairman, KNGMG);
- Hans Doornenbal (treasurer/secretary, TNO)
- and Jeroen Schokker (member, TNO).