EAGE: Fifth CO2 Geological Storage Workshop
The Fifth CO2 Geological Storage Workshop will take place this year in Utrecht from 21-23 November 2018. To meet the Paris Agreement’s ambition, large scale implementation of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) is considered essential. For successful realisation of CCS, it is vital to build confidence that injected CO2 is permanently retained in the sub-surface. This has been investigated in several research initiatives during the last decade and the objective of this workshop is to present key advances made, discuss remaining technology gaps and review a way forward.
The workshop program can be found via this link.
There will be six main sessions covering a wide variety of scientific subjects:
- Session 1: Characterization, Risk and Impact Assessment
- Session 2: Reservoir Management and CO2 EOR
- Session 3: Infrastructure and CO2 impurity implications
- Session 4: Storage Monitoring and Remediation
- Session 5: Demonstration Cases and Non-Technical Challenges
- Session 6: The Future
|Call for Abstracts Opens:||15 March 2018|
|Registration Opens:||1 April 2018|
|Call for Abstracts Closes:||31 August 2018|
|Early Registration Deadline:||15 September 2018|
|Late Registration Deadline:||19 November 2018|
|Fifth CO2 Geological Storage Workshop:||21-23 November 2018|