Ingeokring: Annual symposium “Post-mining risk management in the Netherlands”
The 2019 Ingeokring Autumn Symposium is dedicated to Post-mining risk management in the Netherlands. More information on the website of the Ingeokring.
Date: Friday 15 November 2019, 13:00 – 17:10
Location: TU Delft, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences, room 1.98, Stevinweg 1, 2628 CN Delft
Four keynote speakers will focus on risk identification and prevention activities to ensure the safety of decommissioned coal mining sites in Limburg:
- 13:40 ir. Hans Roest, Staatstoezicht op de Mijnen; “The legacy of coal mining in Limburg”
- 14:30 dr. Johannes Klünker, Ingenieursbüro Heitfeld-Schetelig GmbH, Aachen, Germany; “Dealing with Post-Mining-Hazards. From theoretical approach to practical remediation”
- 15:20 ir. Jaap Spaans, Informatiecentrum Nazorg Steenkoolwinning; “The regional information centre”
- 15:50 ir. Frank Denys, Energie en Klimaat, Ministerie van Economische Zaken en Klimaat; “Administrative aspects of aftercare of coal mining in Limburg”
Afterwards an one hour discussion will be broaden to post-mining risk management for new resource extractions in the Netherlands.
The symposium will close at 17:10 and will be followed by drinks.
We trust the symposium will give an interesting and objective insight into “subsurface aftercare” in the Netherlands. The attendance is free of charge.
Do send an e-mail to ingeokring if you wish to join the event.
Note that the keynote lectures will be preceded by the Ingeokring ALV:
- 12:30 Ingeokring ALV meeting, room 1.98
- 13:00 Drinks in the hallway
- 13:20 Official opening of the symposium
- 13:30 Best student thesis award